This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

how to create a local nuget server in .net framework 3.5

Sep 20, 2014 at 6:47 PM
when trying to nuget.server in asp.net web form application some errors are coming and not able to create a local nuget server
Coordinator
Sep 21, 2014 at 6:08 AM
Wrong project; this project has nothing to do with setting up your own local nuget server. I believe what you are looking for is this or this.
Marked as answer by deadlydog on 9/20/2014 at 10:08 PM
Sep 21, 2014 at 6:17 AM
actually i have created one class library "Calculator" and defined an add method in it and then after building it a nuget is created which I used in an application console named "UseCalculator".
Now if I add one more method in "Calculator" then how to automatically reflect the update in "UseCalculator" so that the other method can also be used.
Coordinator
Sep 21, 2014 at 6:23 AM
This question obviously relates to your other post here. I'm guessing that you don't want to actually create your own NuGet server, but instead just want to build a NuGet package from one of your solutions, and then use it in another solution, all on your local machine. To do that (and not upload your packages to a NuGet Gallery) you will need to use the NuGet Package Manager Console. See this page for instructions on installing and updating a package from a .nupkg file on your local hard drive, rather than one hosted online in a Gallery.
Sep 21, 2014 at 6:32 AM
yes
Thanks!!!!!!
dats exactly what I wanted.....
I'll go through the instructions....
Thanks again!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2014 at 6:34 AM
But one more question .....
Is there a way that update is done automatically and the user don't have to do it manually.
Coordinator
Sep 21, 2014 at 6:43 AM
Not that I know of. As far as I know it's up to the developer to manually tell Visual Studio to go and check for NuGet package updates and install them. There might be a 3rd party app/extension that does this though.... I think the reasoning behind why they didn't do this natively is they want the developer to be aware of when a package in their solution is updated, as the new package could potentially have breaking changes in it, and if it updated the NuGet packages automatically the developer might now know "why it built yesterday and doesn't build today", since they might not have noticed that a NuGet package was updated.
Sep 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Problem solved
Thanks a lot for ur guidance