This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Great Project

Jul 10, 2013 at 6:23 AM
Edited Jul 10, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Hi, just got this working now so looking good. I'm wondering if there is a way of having the *.nupkg file created without the versioning number?

Cheers,
John
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Hi @barrett2474 sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but I guess I had never enabled notifications on here :( Do you mean that you don't want to be prompted for the version number? or just that you don't want the version number to appear in the actual .nupkg filename? or something else?

I'm pretty sure that every .nupkg file has to have a version number assigned to it, but perhaps it does not need to be in the filename. If you are asking to keep it off of the filename, why don't you want it there?

Right now the filename created is the one that is generated by the NuGet.exe, but it wouldn't be very hard for me to add another parameter to the script to remove the version number from the filename if you have a valid case for it.
Coordinator
May 7, 2014 at 9:55 PM
As of v1.5 of the script (which I just uploaded today), the New-NuGetPackage.ps1 script only outputs the location of the new .nupkg file that was generated, so if you are calling it from a script you can just grab the full path of the .nupkg file from the output of the New-NuGetPackage cmdlet and rename it yourself :) All of the other (old) output is still available via supplying the -Verbose switch to the cmdlet.
Marked as answer by deadlydog on 7/4/2014 at 10:22 PM