This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Master configuration file

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:46 PM
I have a solution with 30 projects.

You can see how its a hassle to manage the configurations. I see also there are multiple copies of files (even the nuget exe) which i think the best behaviour would be having just one
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2015 at 6:20 PM
Yeah, I agree that I can rip all of those "DoNotModify" files from the project and put them in a parent directory, but I think the Config.ps1 file needs to still say in the project itself. Otherwise how do you specify different version numbers and pack properties for the different projects? You could have one massive master config file with a section in it for each project, but I think that would be super ugly, and it would involve a lot of parsing to extract the information. I guess I could maybe use an xml or json file for that master config file that might be a little nicer. I'll think about that one.

Thanks for the input :)
Oct 29, 2015 at 12:02 PM

Yes, i was thinking about a master config file and then each project would have their own. Initial settings would then be read from the master one and overriden in the project specific conf if needed. Thank you for a good and helpful package.

Sent by Outlook for Android

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 11:26 AM -0700, "deadlydog" <[email removed]> wrote:

Yeah, I agree that I can rip all of those "DoNotModify" files from the project and put them in a parent directory, but I think the Config.ps1 file needs to still say in the project itself. Otherwise how do you specify different version numbers and pack properties for the different projects? You could have one massive master config file with a section in it for each project, but I think that would be super ugly, and it would involve a lot of parsing to extract the information. I guess I could maybe use an xml or json file for that master config file that might be a little nicer. I'll think about that one.

Thanks for the input :)
Aug 16, 2016 at 9:52 AM
Yes, something like MASTER configuration will be very useful