This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

NuGet Package Name

Jan 30, 2015 at 3:15 PM
I would like the package name to append either DBG or REL plus x86 or x64 based on the build configuration. So in short the name should be something like this:

assemblyname.[DBG or REL].[x86 or x64] without the brackets of course. I am not a PS guy at all and would like some help in dynamically doing this.

Also how do you prevent the symbols from being passed to NuGet during a REL build. I do not want that package built for a release.
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2015 at 3:26 PM
That's a good idea. I'll put it on my list. Thanks :)
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2015 at 6:34 AM
Having the .nupkg file renamed to include the Configuration and Platform is now implemented and will be included in version 1.9.0 of https://www.nuget.org/packages/CreateNewNuGetPackageFromProjectAfterEachBuild/, which I'm hoping to push out in the next few days. Note that this only affects the FILE name, not the ID or Title of the package.

It can be turned off by setting the following line in Config.ps1 to $false; it is $true by default:

$appendConfigurationAndPlatformToNuGetPackageFileName = $true

As for how to prevent the .pdb files from being included in the NuGet Package, they should be excluded by default. Unless you are providing the -Symbols parameter to create a 2nd symbols .nupkg, or have something in your .nuspec file to copy .pdb files into the package, they should not be included.
Marked as answer by deadlydog on 2/23/2015 at 11:34 PM