This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

hOw to reflect the changes done in a nuget to the applications using it

Sep 20, 2014 at 5:58 PM
created one class library "Calculator" and defined an add method in it and then after building it a nuget is created which I used in an application console named "UseCalculator".
Now if I add one more method in "Calculator" then how to automatically reflect the update in "UseCalculator" so that the other method can also be used.
Sep 20, 2014 at 9:42 PM
You need to rebuild "Calculator" and re-generate the NuGet package. Then in your "UseCalculator" project you need to go to the NuGet package manager GUI and upgrade to the newest version of the "Calculator" package.
Marked as answer by deadlydog on 9/20/2014 at 10:12 PM
Coordinator
Sep 21, 2014 at 5:12 AM
@BrettHysuik is right. After making change to your Calculator class, you will need to create a new NuGet package from Calculator. Then, unless you are simply building and installing your packages only on your local machine, you need to upload your new Calculator NuGet package to the NuGet Gallery. Once it's there, in your UseCalculator solution, upgrade to the latest version of the Calculator NuGet package through the NuGet package manager GUI.
Marked as answer by deadlydog on 9/20/2014 at 10:12 PM
Sep 21, 2014 at 5:15 AM
But even after rebuilding "Calculator" and regenerating Nuget package the update option is not displayed in the package Managaer for "UseCalculator" project
Coordinator
Sep 21, 2014 at 5:21 AM
Did you upload the new regenerated NuGet package to the gallery? If not, then the UseCalculator project will not be able to detect that a newer version is available.

If you are not uploading your NuGet package to a gallery, but instead just installing it manually via the NuGet Package Manager Console PowerShell prompt, then you will need to manually run to Update-Package command to update the project's NuGet package. Check out the NuGet docs for using the Package Manager Console.
Sep 21, 2014 at 5:25 AM
By nuget gallery do you mean pushing nugets to nuget.org???

Actually i created my own local nuget server http://localhost:60231 and pushed nugets over there
Sep 21, 2014 at 5:29 AM
ACtually I pasted the newly created nuget in the packages folder of my web application that I used to create a local nuget server .
And when I deploy and run it the update is done in it.
Because when I used the same nuget in a new application then in that the update is displayed.
Sep 21, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Can u pls guide as to what should I do exactly after I modify the class library "Calculator" and build it.