This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

CreateNuGet package being added as a required dependency

Jul 23, 2014 at 3:09 AM
Edited Jul 23, 2014 at 3:43 AM
Hi

Maybe I just haven't found the right switch/tag/parameter to set, but how do I stop this package from becoming a dependency of the solution using a package that has been auto-generated?

Example: I installed this package into MyCode project so that the build would auto-generate the MyCode package. I then open MyOtherCode project and install a reference (via Nuget) to MyCode package. All good again, except that it now also installs this package as a required dependency, and therefore creates a NuGet package for MyOtherCode, which is NOT wanted.

I thought I would add the following bit of info:
I updated the package.config file to
<package id="CreateNewNuGetPackageFromProjectAfterEachBuild" version="1.8.1" targetFramework="net40" developmentDependency="true" />

This appeared to work in the above scenario, but when updating another assembly that did need to build a package, it actually REMOVED this package from the build. It should just NOT add the dependency if it is not there.

How do I stop that? Thanks in advance
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2014 at 4:37 AM
Hi @Allann, I fixed this problem a long time ago, but recently switched solutions to a new built-in method that was supposed to fix this, instead of using my own custom solution. I see that you already created an Issue for this problem at here, so I'm closing this discussion and we'll follow up on this through that issue.
Marked as answer by deadlydog on 7/22/2014 at 9:37 PM