This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Incorrect version of the project type PCL

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Many thanks for this great project.
Very well done.

I'm using CreateNewNuGetPackageFromProjectAfterEachBuild and am facing a problem in such projects PCL.

He did not handle the project version, the version is always 1.0
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure what you are asking here. Are you saying that you are not able to change the version when making a package from a Portable Class Library project? I just created a new blank PCL and tested it out, and it worked fine. I will note though that I couldn't access the assembly version info from the project's Properties window like we do with regular class libraries. Instead, I had to open up the Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs file in the project and change the AssemblyVersion and AssemblyFileVersion attributes to the new version number.

If you don't care about the actual assembly version and just want to specify the version of your nuget package, you can hard-code the $versionNumber variable in the PostBuildScripts\BuildNewPackage-RanAutomatically.ps1 file to the version you want to use for the NuGet package; this also allows you to specify pre-release versions as well, such as 1.1.0.0-develop or whatever.

Let me know if this helps or if you are still having problems.